Monday, March 23, 2009


Today is a dreary day in my town by Lake Michigan. I felt lively for about the first hour after waking. I enjoyed the big, orange, cloud banded sunrise for the minute between the sun's appearance out of the lake until it rose behind the heavy curtain of gray clouds never to be seen again. I'm sorry I didn't have my camera handy today.

A few days ago, on an equally dreary morning made more atmospheric by Spring fog, I took this photo of one of the old beauties in my downtown.

The store window glowed warm and, for the first time ever, I felt an inviting pull to investigate that old shop. The lovely old building has survived on scant attention for many decades after its heyday a century ago and stands proudly to lend this town some character. If it draws decent attention, I hope it won't be from those hoping to raze it.

1 comment: